For, far – too long, the United States, has, avoided, doing anything, meaningful, about addressing the infrastructure needs, which have long, been ignored, and/ or, overlooked! If, excuses, promises, and empty rhetoric, got it done, there would, by – now, no longer, be a need to address these necessities! We have witnessed, far – too much, decay of our bridges, roads, and mass transit, etc, because, unlike many other nations, we have refused to invest, regularly, on this, in a consistent way! With, that in mind, this article will attempt to, briefly, consider, examine, review, and discuss, 5 key considerations, and areas, where, we must, pay attention, sooner, rather than later.
1. Power Grid upgrade: How often, have witnessed, evidence, indicating, our overall, Power Grid, needs to be upgraded, and improved, on a regular, consistent basis? After, every storm, we see major, break – downs, in terms, of prolonged loss of power, heat, and essential utility – needs! We need to, demand, our elected, and other, public officials, make this a top priority, before, we experience, a major crisis, and unnecessary loss – of – life!
2. Roads, bridges, tunnels: Have you noticed, the number of pot – holes, on our roads, and the apparent, attempt, to, simply, put some band – aid, on a hemorrhage? Constant, filling, and refilling, paving, and re – paving, and doing, the same – old, same – old! It seems, many of our bridges, and tunnels, are, at best, at – risk, and, at worst, a catastrophe, waiting to happen! Since, the number, size, and speed, of cars, has changed, so dramatically, wouldn’t it make sense, we need, to adapt, our roads, to handle – this? When, we visit, other nations, we realize, and observe, our nation, appears, far – behind, many others, in this key area!
3. Mass transit, high – speed trains: Although, most major cities, must encourage mass transit, for environmental, and commuting purposes/ reasons, we see much too little, focus, on improving these, on a constant basis! Why are we so – far – behind, others, when it comes to encouraging, and having, high – speed trains, etc?
4. Better airplanes and airports: While, there have been, some recent upgrades, in some airports, most agree, the level, and quality, of our airports, is much lower, than others, around the world! Airplanes need to better handle today’s needs, including better fuel economy, using alternative fuel sources, quieter, and better, interior ventilation, etc! In addition, don’t travelers, deserve better airports, etc?
5. How/ where we live, and sustainable energy, clean air, etc: We need, to consider, ways to protect, and enhance, clean air and water, as well as reduce, using carbon – based, dirtier fuels, etc, for heating, and/ or, cooling our houses! Governments should encourage an expansion in these sources, and areas!
We need proactive public leaders, who responsibly, address, infrastructure priorities, even, if they aren’t the voting inspirations, so often, sought! Will you demand better, and more?
Richard has owned businesses, been a COO, CEO, Director of Development, consultant, professionally run events, consulted to thousands, conducted personal development seminars, and worked on political campaigns, for 4 decades. Rich has written three books and thousands of articles. Website: http://plan2lead.net and LIKE the Facebook page for common sense: http://facebook.com/commonsense4all
Article Source: https://EzineArticles.com/expert/Richard_Brody/492539